Solar Powering Your Community
How can your community take advantage of all the benefits of solar energy? On January 23rd, the Southeast Michigan Regional Energy Office will offer a free half-day workshop to help your municipality better understand the challenges and opportunities associated with solar and provide you with the tools and resources you’ll need to introduce and adopt solar ordinances in your community. By participating, you will:
- Understand community benefits and barriers around local solar adoption;
- Receive guidance for revising planning and zoning codes and ordinances; and
- Identify opportunities to streamline the permitting process.
Register online for this free educational workshop.
Nationally, solar energy has grown over 300% in recent years—and now is the time to learn how solar can power your community. Solar energy has become a viable way for businesses and homeowners to take control of their energy costs, reducing one of their largest monthly expenses, improving the bottom line and driving private investments. We’re excited to host this workshop, which can help your community lead the way for solar adoption in our region.
Solar Powering Your Community will empower local governments to implement solar policies and best practices. This interactive workshop will be led by a group of local and national solar experts who have been facilitating solar adoption in communities throughout the country, as part of the U.S. Department of Energy’s SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership. It’s designed especially for city staff and elected officials, including:
- City Managers
- Community & Economic Development Directors
- Department of Public Works Directors
- Building Officials
- Planning Commission Members
- DDA Committee Members
- Environmental Commission Members
- City Council Members & Commissioners
Thursday, January 23, 2014
8:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:30 a.m. Solar Workshop
12:30 p.m. Lunch and Networking